jump to navigation

Done Done September 8, 2008

Posted by Sheila in Finished Items, Impressionist Rug, Weaving.
trackback

I pursued carpal tunnel syndrome by first raveling all of the headers I had woven, then using the lengths of warp remaining to braid an edge, and then taking pairs of ends, overtwisting them in one direction and then twisting them with their next door neighbor in the other direction. It took a very long time.

Here’s the edge:

And here’s the completed rug in its new environment.

Comments»

1. Diane - September 8, 2008

Wow, it’s beautiful, and obviously fits like it was made for the spot! The colors are wonderful – quiet but glowing!

Congratulations on the finish πŸ™‚

Diane

2. Sheila - September 8, 2008

Thanks! It was a lot of work, but this is one thing I can say turned out pretty much as I envisioned it on day one. There are things that could have gone wrong but didn’t… I managed to place the lighter warp stripes so that the overall effect when the pieces were joined is correct. I learned a lot in the process, too, and have a new respect for all the great rug weavers out there!

3. vanessa - September 8, 2008

sheila, your rug is absolutely gorgeous.

4. Sheila - September 9, 2008

Hi Vanessa! and thanks… that means a lot coming from you, whose every work is stunning.

5. Jackie - September 20, 2008

How stunning and I love your taste πŸ™‚

6. vanessa - October 1, 2008

thanks πŸ™‚


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: